How to Take Courses and Research Guidance System
1. How to take courses
- A student must take a specified number of credits from among the subjects covered by the course: at least 30 credits in the master’s course; at least 12 credits in the doctoral course.
- A student can take subjects covered by other courses and other graduate programs of this Graduate School of Science and Engineering only when it is recognized as educationally beneficial.
- The credits of subjects taken in item 2 above can be included in the credits described in item 1 above up to a total of ten credits in the master’s course and a total of six credits in the doctoral course.
- If a student finds it challenging to complete the course within the standard term for reasons like being a working person, he/she can apply for a “long-term student program” that allows the extension of the standard term for systematic completion of the curriculum within a specified period.
2. Research guidance system
- Master’s Course
- An academic advisor is appointed to provide necessary research guidance, depending on the research assignment the student wants to take.
- Doctoral Course
- Depending on the research assignment the student wants to take, a primary academic advisor is appointed to organize an appropriate guidance framework, with the help of two or more assistant academic advisors. In this case, at least one of the academic advisors must be a full-time teacher at Saitama University.