Industry-academia-government collaboration and intellectual property
|Joint research is the system that researchers of private-sector institutions etc. and the university staff members, based on the contract, address researches regarding common issue on an equal footing, and that promotes to derive an excellent research outcome. |
The form of research
- Joint research in Saitama University
The research that this university accepts researchers and research expenditure from private sector etc., and that staff members of this university in combination with researchers of private-sector institutions etc. work on common issues.
- Joint research in Saitama University and private-sector institution etc.
The research that this university accepts both researchers and research expenditure or only research expenditure from private sector etc., and this university in combination with private-sector institutions etc. share common issues.
- A joint researcher of private-sector etc.
A person who presently addresses a research in a private-sector institution etc., and is sent to the university for joint research during his/her tenure.
- Direct cost
The direct cost such as reward, travel cost, personnel cost of research assistant, supplies expense, cost of utilities etc. which are especially necessary for implementation of joint research.
- Research expenditure of a joint researcher of private sector etc.
The cost which is necessary for accepting a joint researcher of private sector etc. to the university (420,000 yen in the annual sum per person).
- Indirect cost
The cost other than the direct cost, which is necessary for implementation of joint research. 10% of a direct cost shall be borne in principle.
- Facilities etc. which the university newly acquired by the cost etc. which was borne by private sector etc. and was necessary for joint research shall belong to the university's ownership.
- Facilities etc. which a private-sector institution etc. newly acquired by the cost which is necessary for joint research in the private-sector institution etc. shall belong to ownership of the private-sector institution etc..
- Utilization of facilities etc.
When it is necessary for implementation of research, the university can accept the facilities etc. which a private-sector institution etc. owns and can use them collectively.
In addition, the cost which is required in bringing in and taking out them in this case shall be borne by the private-sector institution etc. in principle.
Term of research
- Term of research is not especially limited, and multi-year contract can be concluded.
- When joint research is over multi years, please draw up a concrete annual plan, and have a sufficient meeting.
Please submit "The form: joint research application" etc. to a head of organization (a dean etc.) a research representative person of this university belongs to.
- Decision of acceptance
Deliberation with regard to necessary matters related to implementation of joint research shall be made at a deliberative body of the organization (faculty etc.) which received the application, then they decide the acceptance.
- Contract of joint research
Contract of joint research shall be concluded between the president who controls the organization (faculty etc.) and representative etc. of private-sector institution etc..
Publication and patent etc.
Research outcome of joint research is published in principle, but the period and the way of the publication shall be established by a contract document within the range where the acquisition of the patent etc. is not hindered.
- Handling of intellectual property right
Intellectual property right shall be shared in principle, and applied with the university jointly. In this case, the share shall be determined after the consultation with the university.
And the shared intellectual property right can be exclusively implemented within the range where it does not pass certain period of time (set at the time of contract) from the application only by a company etc. or a person designated by a company etc..
Contact for inquiries
For details, please contact the following information.
Inside Comprehensive Open Innovation Center
(Research administration division, industry-academia-government collabotion and intellectual property group)
- Telephone: +81-48-858-9137
- E-mail: sangakuATgr.saitama-u.ac.jp
- (Please change AT to @)
To the Industry-academia-government collaboration and intellectual property | ]|